The Camp Fire that has devastated our brothers and families in Paradise brings our Lodge App for communications amongst our members into full focus. The app has become an invaluable tool to share valuable information to all lodge members that own a smartphone.
Some of the features we wanted addressed:
Looking for a way to motivate communicate and engage with each other outside stated meetings and dinners.
Ability to be able to share photos, messages, emergency information, and social events privately with our lodge members.
Connection to our our lodge websites calendar system with built in reminders.
A communication that comes at no cost to our members.
Features and benefits
• Post and comment on messages and pictures in a Facebook-like news feed.
• View calendar information for your lodge; all data is pulled in directly from our lodge website Google calendar; dates are automatically synced.
• Send notifications of events directly to members’ smartphones.
• RSVP to events straight from your smartphone.
• Browse member contact information; email and call other members with ease.
• Create smaller groups on specific topics, or send a private message a single person.
• Link to our lodge website, Trestleboard, or other important documents from the app.
• All activity is private to the members of the app only; message and post to only members on the app.
• Administrators can see reports on what is popular in your app. Bro. Dean Fairbanks is the administrator of both the app and the lodge website. Questions? Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the link below to install our lodge's app:
The app needs to install completely before "Device Management" and the option to trust will show up in "General" (in Settings). FYI below are the instructions for "trusting" the CA Grand Lodge, follow them completely.
Brothers can trust the CA Grand Lodge by opening Settings, then "General", then "Device Management", then trust apps from "GRAND LODGE FREE & ACCEPTED MASONS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, Inc.". They should then be able to open the app. (The download page also contains these instructions, for reference.)